ReThyroid – General and Hypothyroidism Support
The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland that is responsible for making thyroid hormones. T3 and T4, also known as triiodothyronine and thyroxine respectively, are the two hormones made by the thyroid gland. Both of these hormones are made up of iodine, an important component that is required for their production. ReThyroid provides general thyroid support and can help patients with hypothyroidism.
What is Hypothyroidism:
Both hormones have their role and can be made by the body. However, T3 is the more active form. It is predominately made through the conversion of T4 to T3. These hormones are carried through the blood to every tissue in the body and are responsible for regulating the metabolic rate of cells. If this gland is not able to produce enough thyroid hormones, it can lead to hypothyroidism.
Hypothyroidism is marked by inadequate levels of thyroid hormones, T3 and T4. While symptoms do not typically develop immediately and can vary from patient to patient, many people experience the decreased energy and slowed metabolism. If left untreated, symptoms of hypothyroidism become more severe and may include:
- Sensitivity to cold
- Weight gain
- Muscle weakness
- Pain, stiffness, or swelling in your joints
- Dry skin
- Slowed thought process
ReThyroid may be able to address some of these challenges for people who have slightly lower levels of T3 and T4.
What is ReThyroid?
ReThyroid combines iodine, l-tyrosine, ashwagandha, and bladderwrack to provide general thyroid support. Each of these ingredients plays a unique role in the formation of the thyroid hormones.
- Idoine: Iodine is an essential micronutrient that is necessary for the production of T3 and T4 thyroid hormones. Both forms are made up of iodine and require sufficient supplies to make the thyroid hormones.
- L-tyrosine: L-tyrosine is an amino acid that helps your body make hormones, including T3 and T4. Supplementation of l-tyrosine can help increase levels of thyroid hormones in people with low thyroid levels.
- Ashwagandha: The root and berry of the Ashwagandha plant have been used for years in African and Indian medicine. It has been shown to support a sluggish thyroid gland and aid in the production of T3 and T4, while also reducing cortisol levels. Cortisol blocks the conversion of T4 to the more active form T3, so low cortisol levels allow the more active form to circulate through the body. A 2017 study showed that ashwagandha improved serum thyroid stimulating hormone and T4 levels significantly compared to placebo.
- Bladderwrack: Bladderwrack is a seaweed that naturally contains high levels of iodine, an important component to support healthy thyroid levels.
Contact ReNue Rx, your neighborhood Frisco compounding pharmacy, for more information on ReThyroid and how it can help you. Your ReNue Rx pharmacist is happy to consult with you regarding ReThyroid and how it could give you a thyroid boost.